With Find My Phone, you can easily call your lost phone from Alexa, without syncing all of your contacts.
How It Works
Pro Tip: Link your phone before you lose it.
1. To set up your phone, say “Alexa, Find My Phone” and you’ll be asked for your cell number.
2. To confirm it’s really you, we’ll send a 4-digit code via text message to your cell phone. Provide that 4-digit code to Alexa by saying “Alexa” and then your code.
3. That’s it! You’re all set up. Now when you’ve lost your phone, simply say “Alexa, Find My Phone.”
To add additional numbers, just say “Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add a contact.”
Only US-based cell numbers will work in the US, and only UK-based numbers will work in the UK. We don’t support landlines or non-US/non-UK numbers at this time (but we hope to do so in the future).
When providing your number to Alexa during set-up, say "zero" instead of "oh" for the number "0."
In the US, we use four outbound phone numbers. To ensure your phone will accept calls from these numbers, be sure to add them to your contacts:
In the UK, we use a UK-based outbound phone number to call your phone: +447418340118. To ensure your phone will accept calls from this number, be sure to add it to your contacts.
Some cell providers will block the number we call you from. To prevent this, open your device's settings, select Phone, and select “Blocked Contacts.” Unblock the numbers listed above.
If you are not receiving the code via text message, text "un-stop" to the numbers listed above.
We do not sell your cell number to third-party companies.
List of Commands
- Alexa, Find My Phone.
- Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add a contact.
- Alexa, ask Find My Phone to call <contact name>.
- Alexa, ask Find My Phone to delete a contact.
- Alexa, ask Find My Phone to list contacts.
We hope Find My Phone provides you with a helpful experience. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at info (at) matchbox.io.